Cleansing & Detoxing is Recommended at Least Once a Year!
Have you noticed that the older you get, the harder it is to shed those extra pounds? If so, you aren’t alone. If you don’t cleanse at least once a year, your body stores those toxins (processed foods, caffeine, alcohol and yes, even stress!) literally year-after-year.
If you do the math (depending on your age), you quickly realize there could be a lot of junk stored up in your body that needs to be released. An over accumulation of toxins (called Ama in Ayurveda) leads to a whole host of ailments and potential diseases, not to mention daily joint discomfort and overall fatigue….ladies, ever heard of adrenal fatigue????
I’m happy to tell you that weight loss is a natural side effect of an Ayurvedic cleanse, if there is weight to be dropped.
As an added bonus, your natural energy levels will be restored and you will sleep better.
A side note about Ama…
Toxins or Ayurvedically speaking, Ama, negatively affect all aspects of our being. If you notice that your tongue is thickly coated in the morning, that joint pain accompanies movement, that your nose feels stuffed even when you don’t have a cold, and that even the strongest antiperspirant can’t prevent a strong body odor, your body is in dire need of a cleanse. It is not natural for our bodies to exist on reserve power, to require caffeine and sugar to function. A healthy, rested body has plenty of energy throughout the day, a regular digestion, and a glowing skin
Yes…Ayurveda is amazing, healing, natural and quite simple once you have the basics down!
Be Nourished with Ayurveda offers three cleanse/detox options (each one customized to meet your needs):
Best time of year for this cleanse/detox is spring. However, it’s super effective and highly recommended any time of the year for those who’ve never cleansed before! This cleanse is all about releasing that winter accumulation and getting rid of the “junk in your trunk.”
7-Day Detox/Cleanse – coming soon!
Best time of year for this cleanse/detox is fall. Again…like the 11-day, it’s super effective and highly recommended any time of the year for those who don’t use cleansing on a regular basis. But it’s a great way to prepare the body for the colder months of the year. This is a less astringent cleanse/detox with more focus on rasayana (rejuvenating the tissues) and deeply nourishing to the body while allowing the body to release accumulated toxins (ama).
3-Day Whole Body Reset – coming soon!
Best time for this Cleanse is after you’ve overindulged (like over the Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays) and things are moving out of balance. This is a quick, rejuvenative, whole body reset aimed to bring things back into balance. It can also be used to “dip a toe” into the whole idea of cleansing/detoxing.
Depending on Which Cleanse/Detox You Choose, Your Cleanse Includes All or Some of the Following:
- A personalized 1- hour Ayurvedic consultation prior to starting the cleanse if you are not local (this can be done remotely using skype/face-time/phone call). Your meals will be based on your body type and current needs. This is not a general one size fits all type of cleanse.
- Premium herbs for cleansing, support and revitalization of the tissues – Triphala + a Guggulu mix specifically formulated for you.
- Daily Guidelines to Follow (This makes the process easy!) – this includes a daily checklist of traditional Ayurvedic cleansing practices that stoke the digestive fire, boost metabolism and increase circulation to promote detoxification.
- Online Group Support – Interact online with our staff and other participants to share experiences, ask questions, and receive support throughout your cleanse.
- A Selection of Detox Appropriate Recipes with Specific Ingredients to Use & How to Prepare – We’ll help you choose the best foods for your digestive system and for 11 days you will eat a solid food diet of organic fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains, emphasizing foods that bring you back to balance.
Cost: $199 for 11-Day Cleanse/Detox
Optional add on:
Deluxe Cleansing Kit for 11-Day Cleanse: includes everything you need and more for your cleanse in one package – see list of what’s included below in FAQ’s. $108
Cost: $128 for 7-Day Cleanse/Detox (Coming Soon!)
Cost: $68 for 3-Day Whole Body Reset (Coming Soon!)
Your payment confirms your space and registration.
What do I eat/drink?
An Ayurvedic cleanse is based on a mono diet. It’s not about starving yourself or depleting your body. You’ll feel a sense of support with the rejuvenating food/herb combination and know as your release accumulated ama and reset your digestion, you will start to feel more focused and energized.
You’ll be incorporating specific oils into your cooking (ghee has a starring role, here) eating light vegetables & fruit with kitchari (basmati rice + lentils) to transition in and transition out. In the middle part of the cleanse, you’ll be eating kitchari only. For the length of the cleanse, you’ll be drinking medicinal teas that support the organs of the body (especially the liver) and are rejuvenative to the adrenals, some juices and broth.
You will eliminate meat, dairy, gluten, soy, refined sugar and processed food from the diet.
Will I really lose weight?
Yes. It’s a natural by product of the cleanse. How much you lose depends on what you have going on currently with your body and your lifestyle. Weight loss usually occurs around day 7 although it can be earlier, again, depending on your current diet/lifestyle.
I have high blood pressure. Can I do this cleanse?
Yes. Just keep an eye on your blood pressure if you are currently taking medicine for it. You may find that your blood pressure drops some, especially if you continue to follow a healthy diet for your constitution after the cleanse. If your blood pressure remains low, the amount of medicine you take may need to be adjusted. Check with your doctor!
How do I get the recommended herbs and are they safe to take if I’m on current medications?
The herbal tablets will be delivered to you OR if you are local to WNC area, you’ll pick them up at our pre detox meeting. These herbs are gentle and restorative and perfectly safe to take with any other medication. If there is any chance of a contraindication, we will address this in your consultation prior to beginning the cleanse.
I have an eating disorder, is this cleanse a good one for me?
No. You can, however, consider meeting with an Ayurvedic wellness counselor or practitioner to talk about herbal support and yoga that would be rejuvenative to your particular body type and help with stress and anxiety.
What will this do for my body?
You will notice clearer and smoother skin, brighter eyes, a flatter belly, less gas, less body odor, more balanced emotions, a sharpened mental clarity, a brighter outlook, and a weight loss of about 3-10 pounds, depending on your constitution. ***If you continue following the Ayurveda recommendations for nutrition and cleansing for your constitution, you will find that your immune system will be strengthened significantly, the aging process slowed and your cravings permanently shifted.
This is a little too expensive for me right now, is there a payment plan?
You are more than welcome to split the payment for the cleanse into two separate payments. One due at sign up and the other due on April 1, the start date of the cleanse. Please email email@example.com to set this up.
What’s the Deluxe Cleanse Kit that is an optional add on and do I need it?
You don’t need to purchase the cleanse kit. You can find all these items in your local healthy grocery store, most likely. You can fully participate in the cleanse without this kit.
- Organic Yellow Mung Dal (1.63 lbs) and Organic Basmati Rice (3.15 lbs): When cooked together these two Ayurvedic staples combine to make a delicious, thick soup called kitchari. Easy to digest, kitchari is a nutritious whole food that will sustain you throughout your cleanse.
- Kitchari Spice Mix (3.5 oz): This traditional spice mix helps stimulate your digestive fire so you can absorb all the wholesome goodness from your food. The spice mix includes mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger, turmeric, natural mineral salt and asafoetida and will be added to the rice and dal when you prepare your kitchari. Recipe included with the kit.
- Organic Ghee (7.5 oz): Made from 100% organic, sweet cream butter that was churned from the goodness of milk produced by grass-fed and pastured cows, this rich Ayurvedic treat is said to nourish both body and mind. The ghee will provide the kitchari with an oily quality that helps loosen and remove toxins during the cleanse. It also helps to strengthen the digestive fire and promotes healthy digestion.
- Triphala Tablets (1 bottle): This formula contains three of the most important Ayurvedic herbs for detoxification and rejuvenation. Made from the powder of three superfruits, Triphala will promote healthy elimination during the cleanse while also replenishing the tissues and supporting your immune system.
- Organic Sesame Oil (1 16 fl oz bottle): This luxurious staple of any Ayurvedic massage will ground you, bringing calm to your nervous system and lubrication to your tissues. Use daily during your Ayurvedic self-massage.
- Pukka Detox Tea: During the cleanse, sip warm water and tea throughout the day, gently nudging the toxins to leave your system. Chosen by master herbalist Sebastian Pole, this herbal blend helps remove excess vata, pitta, and kapha from the system. A cup of caffeine-free Detox tea will soothe your whole body.
- Chyavanprash (1 jar): After the cleanse, take 1 teaspoon a day of this herbal jam. This tridoshic formula stimulates metabolism and enkindles the digestive fire without aggravating pitta. It balances vata and kapha while strengthening the body against the effects of a stressful lifestyle. The energizing herbs bolster the immune system and help maintain health and well-being throughout the year.
- Nasya Oil (1 bottle): Healthy uncongested breathing is important to ensure proper flow of prana throughout the head and body. When an excess of bodily fluids accumulates in the sinus, throat, nose or head areas, it is best eliminated through the nose. Administration of herbally infused oil, or nasya, helps facilitate this cleansing process. Nasya Oil soothes and protects the nasal passages and helps relieve sinus congestion. Daily nasal lubrication helps to release tension in the head and relieve accumulated stress. Balancing for vata, pitta, and kapha.
- Nasal Rinse Cup: Our Nasal Rinse Cup is designed for ease of use and has a heavy-duty construction that is dishwasher safe. Crafted from sturdy, lead-free ceramic and coated with food-grade sealant glaze. Instructions for use included.
- Tongue Cleaner: According to Ayurveda, cleaning the tongue is an important part of the daily oral hygiene routine, along with regular brushing and flossing of the teeth. Gently scraping the tongue with a tongue cleaner can effectively reduce the bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath. Our specially designed tongue cleaner is made in the U.S.A. with premium quality stainless steel.
What is Ayurveda, again?
Ayurveda is translated from Sanskrit as the “science of life and longevity.” It is the art of living in harmony with the laws of nature to preserve health and heal disease. It’s an integrated approach to wellness that takes into account the whole individual, their current and past medical issues and their lifestyle (which is why it’s so powerful). It is the basis for Naturopathic medicine.
Ask me! Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No more questions? Go get registered and paid up so we can set up your consultation! Remember, if you are in the local WNC area, you’ll come for the pre detox meeting at YAM where you’ll learn the your unique constitution and gather all the information you need for your cleanse/detox.